In cabinet fuse box!

So in my rig a 2019 Vilano 370gb the cabinet with all the fuses my # 72 is popped out and if push it in it resets everything electrical in my rig. Lights, radio, and all AC’s lose power the Rv goes dark then slowly the the #72 pops back out and I regain all power! I need help also the spider unit does it have a main hub where everything then disperses throughout the Rv. I’m also having problems with no light on my awning. Even though the entire awning unit is brand new.

Hello jbarros1 and welcome to the community!

I am not going to be a lot of help but hopefully can provide a few things that give you direction to start troubleshooting.

I have a 2021 model and my fuse listing for #72 shows that it is the spare. The fuse sheet is standard across models so a different model would have the same fuse pinout. Now it could be different for a 2019 and obviously something not correct if pressing that fuse in and it loses all power. Hopefully something with a 2019 370GB jumps in with an idea.

The Spyder unit interface where you select lights, view tank levels etc… all connects to the G6 which is that unit with the resettable fuses. That is the “brain box” that everything feeds into. This thread shows the pinout locations for each one of those connections on the G6. When you turn on the awning lights you will likely here a click come from the G6.

On my 2021 I have a Solerra awning and your 2019 should have a Carefree Colorado awning unless you replaced with something different. My previous 5th wheel was a grand design and it had Carefree Colorado awning and had an inline 2A fuse for the lights. If you are hearing the “click” at the G6 when you turn the awning then it is receiving the signal to turn the light on but something else down the line is an issue.

Hi jbarros1 - our 2020 has the same G6 panel and slot 72 is marked as a spare too as Ryan mentioned.

One thing I’ve noticed over time is that panel likes to work itself loose and pops out as the bottom 2 screws don’t have much to bite into. I’m wondering if your #72 (red) fuse has the white piece extended or if the whole piece is poking out further similar to # 61 (blue) in my pic below.

My thought being is that the #72 fuse being a spare shouldn’t have any effect on any of the electrical components, but if those fuses are somehow loose on the back side of the panel pushing them hard enough back in might cause something to short out briefly until it returns back into position. You may be able to check that possibility by unscrewing the panel and having a peak behind to see if there are any loose connections that could be causing the problems you’re describing.

All 12V power is controlled by that G6 panel, so if there is a problem that would effect all of the items you mentioned (even the A/Cs as they use 12V for their control boards).

My 72 is popped out like your 61 is!

Then that makes me think that pushing that back in is causing a short or disconnection resetting all of the 12V power. If just the white button portion is popped out that indicates the fuse has tripped, if it looks like my 61 it hasn’t tripped (similar to a GFCI outlet reset button).

When any of the 12V circuits are turned on (lights, slides, awning) the corresponding led will be lit on the G6 panel. As Ryan mentioned you might also hear a click from the G6 as that circuit is switched on. In my picture above I have most of the lights on, including the awing light which is #14 on the circuit listing. You can check on your panel to see if the awning light circuit led is on. If that led is lit, then the problem could be in the wiring of that awning light.

You mentioned that the awning is brand new, did you have it replaced recently? It might be possible whoever installed the new awning didn’t connect the awning light wiring. You can check that when the awning is extended and trace the wiring from the awning roller tube. There’s a connector for the led strip in the roller tube that connects to the wiring sewn into the awning fabric that runs back to the awning arm mount on the RV. The wiring runs down that mount and into the RV at the bottom of that mount.

If that wiring is not connected, damaged or missing that would be causing your problem.

I definitely hear the click when I try to turn it on, and when I extend the awning I see 2 wire red/black and they’re both connected.

You’re getting power to the awning motor, if you can extend and retract the awning, which is good. I think the power for the LEDs in the roller might be separate. If possible, extend the awning until you see the LED rail section and the wiring connector, and if you can reach it (maybe using a ladder if the awning is too high). Then you could disconnect the wiring and check for 12V power on that connector from the RV. If there’s 12V on that connector (with the awning lights turned on) that would indicate the LEDs are getting power.